Name: Richard Norman Perle
Born: September 6, 1941 in New York City
Profession: Politician, businessman
GW Bush Administration Position:
- Chairman of the Defense Policy Board at the Pentagon
War crime charge(s):
- Crime against peace – planning and carrying out a war of aggression.
- Chief architect of the Iraq war.
- Nicknamed the "Prince of Darkness".1
- Told Italian newspaper that Mohammad Atta consulted Saddam Hussein before 9-11.2
Nov 2001: "He has weapons of mass destruction. The lesser risk is in pre-emption. We've got to stop wishing away the problem."
April 2005: "There is reason to believe that we were sucked into an ill-conceived initial attack aimed at Saddam himself by double agents planted by the regime4."
3(a limited partnership venture capital company that invests in technology, goods, and services related to homeland security and defense)
4Washington Post, Same Committee, Same Combatants, Different Tune, By Dana Milbank, Thursday, April 7, 2005; Page A10 - http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A32440-2005Apr6?language=printer