Name: Michael V. Hayden
Born: March 17, 1945 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Profession: General in the U.S. Air Force
GW Bush Administration Position:
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (2006-2009)
Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence under John Negroponte (2005-2006)
Director of the National Security Agency and Chief of the Central Security Service (1999-2005)
War crime charge(s):
- Complicity in the commission of a war crime – torture, ill-treatment of detainees.
- Condoned torture and extraordinary rendition.
- Misled Congress.
- Destroyed evidence (tapes showing interrogations).
- Oversaw warrantless wiretap program.
- Member board of directors, National Interest Security Co. Also working there with him, since October 2008 is Jose Rodriguez, the former director of the CIA's National Clandestine Service who ordered the destruction of CIA interrogation videotapes. For further info, click here.
- Member of The Chertoff Group Team. The Chertoff Group provides strategic security advice and assistance, risk management strategy and business development solutions for commercial and government clients on a broad array of homeland and national security issues. The Group also partners with private equity firms across the investment spectrum to maximize client value by providing sector knowledge and monitoring or managing target companies during periods of transition. Based in Washington, DC, the Chertoff Group also has offices in London and New York City.
"Waterboarding has been used on only three detainees...1"
1to Senate Intelligence Committee, Feb. 2008